June 15th (Fathers Day Weekend)
Historic Colfax California
4 Live Bands – 6 DJ’s – 12 Art Cars – “Jack Sparx” Tesla Coil and Fire Effects – “Luna Roots” Fire Dance and Hoop Team – Lots of Interactive “Theme Camps” – “Art Car & Burner PARADE through Historic Colfax – 60 Street Vendors – Flash Mob – Tesla Coil and HUGE Fire Effects – No Host Beer, Wine & Margaritas – Dancing – “Family Friendly” till 11PM – “After Parties” till 2am -
LOTS OF FIRE & FUN!
- Wear your wildest and craziest costume or “Burner Wear” to get in for $15. Face Painting And Accesories booth will be available to help you get “accesorized”. Faux Fur and crazy hats are highly recommended! Prize for best “Burner Wear”!
- Bring your Playa Bike and ride it (or walk) in the “Burner, Bike and Art Car PARADE” thru Historic Colfax!
- Fire&Steel is a “Family Friendly” Event. Kids welcome! (after 11PM adult recommended).
- NO DOGS or pets allowed (Service dogs exempt).
- No Host Beer, Wine and Margarita Parlor! Enjoy the night! Drink responsibly. 21 and over.
- No outside alcohol allowed at event!
Hosted by BUDWEISER & The Kiwanis Club of Colfax.
$15 - In “Burner Wear” or costume
$20 – In “Average Street Clothes”
Kids 10 and under – FREE in costume – $5 in street clothes
Over 65 Free in costume or $5 in “street Clothes”
Note: A “Costume” can be anything as fun as a Big Furry Hat, Facepaint or a TuTu! (Just don’t wear boring old street clothes)
Click here to: Check out a “What To Wear” video of FIRE&Steel 2012!
Get tickets for $10 by purchasing early! Click here to: Buy tickets
Many clubs/restaurants in Colfax will be hosting LIVE BANDS, dancing and entertainment till 2AM! BURNER STYLE FUN!
COLFAX GREEK BISTRO – 11-2am – Live Band – “The Soft Bombs”
COLFAX THEATER – 11-2am – “Organasm Orchestra”
THE RED FROG – 11-2am – The Love Dimension
THE RAILHEAD SALOON – 11-2am – “JukeBox Dance Party”
Local Lodging & Camping
- For local lodging call Stacey at the Colfax Motor Lodge at (530) 346-8382
Tell her Fire&Steel sent ya! (Reserve early!)
- “The Little White House” (Year Round – Sleeps up to ten people) – Website
- Nearby camping at the Bear River Campground, Long Ravine Campground & Orchard Springs Campground – (530) 886-4901
PLEASE RSVP NOW!
ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
and then PLEASE use the “INVITE” button to invite YOUR friends!
Directions to Event!
Map: Click Here
From Sacramento – Go East on Interstate 80 toward Reno Nevada. One hour to the Colfax / Highway 174 exit. Circle back over freeway. Turn right and follow South Auburn into Old Town Colfax, Main St.
From Reno NV – Travel West on Interstate 80 one hour to the Colfax / Highway 174 Exit. Turn right. Follow South Auburn Street to Old Town Colfax
Parking – Main Street Colfax will be blocked off for the event. There are several neighborhood streets all around Main Street and within a 5 minute walk to event. Get here early and please do not block driveways. (Violaters will be turned into Burning Man Art Cars!) You can also find paid parking at the Sierra Vista Community Center off of North Main street, one block North from event. If you dont mind a 10 mintute walk, park near the I-80 freeway off-ramp at Sierra Market Shopping Center or McDonalds back parking Lot. Walk east along South Auburn street about 6 blocks to venue. Please dont park at the US Bank parking lot downtown. This area is reserved for handicapped parking.
We’re still looking for;
- Interactive “Theme Camps” and Fun Free offerings etc….
- Retail Vendors / Food-Gift-Art
- Fire Arts, Fire Spinners and Hoopers (contact: Aleia Van Dyke at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Art Cars and Classic Cars
- Event “staff” Volunteers (contact: email@example.com)
Enquiries email or call: – firstname.lastname@example.org
- “Claude the Dragon” (Burning Man Art Project)
- The Colfax Art Park (Band Stand Shade Structure)
- The “Daffodils Project”
- The Kiwanis Club of Colfax (Childrens Glasses)
- & Future Fire&Steel events!