June 14th – 2014 (Fathers Day Weekend)
Historic Colfax California
3 Live Bands “FOXTROT MARY – THE NOISE AGENCY & EDGE OF MAGIC”- 4 DJ’s “DUC JONES – BILL and Jamie Linn Samuelz – “Frankie” – 8 Art Cars – “Jack Sparx” Tesla Coil and Fire Effects – “Luna Roots” Fire Dance and Hoop Team Featuring Aleia Rose – Lots of Interactive “Theme Camps” – “Art Cars” – 50 Street Vendors – “Flash Mob” – HUGE Fire Effects – No Host Beer, Wine & Margaritas – Dancing – “Family and Kid Friendly” till 8PM – “After Parties” till 2am at the Red Frog and The Railhead Saloon!
LOTS OF FIRE & FUN!
- Wear your wildest and craziest costume or “Burner Wear” to get in for $15. Or $20 in street clothes… Face Painting And “Burner Boutique” will be available to help you get Accesorized! Faux Fur and crazy hats are highly recommended! Prizes for best “Burner Wear”or costume!
- Fire&Steel is a “Family Friendly” Event until 8pm. Kids welcome!
- NO DOGS or pets allowed (Service dogs exempt).
- No Host Beer, Wine and Margarita Parlor! Enjoy the night! Drink responsibly. 21 and over.
- No outside alcohol allowed at event!
Hosted by Jim Bowers – BUDWEISER & The Kiwanis Club of Colfax.
$15 - In “Burner Wear” or costume
$20 – In “Boring Street Clothes”
Kids 10 and under – FREE in costume – $10 in street clothes
Over 65 Free in costume or $10 in Street Clothes
Note: A “Costume” can be anything as fun as a Big Furry Hat, Facepaint or a TuTu! (Just don’t wear your everyday street clothes)
Click here to: Check out a “What To Wear” video of FIRE&Steel 2012!
The Red Frog nightclub and the Railhead Saloon will be hosting LIVE BANDS, dancing and entertainment till 2AM! BURNER STYLE FUN!
THE RED FROG – 11-2am – Live Rock Band
THE RAILHEAD SALOON – 11-2am – “JukeBox Dance Party”
Local Lodging & Camping
- For local lodging call the Colfax Motor Lodge at (530) 346-8382
Tell them Fire&Steel sent ya! (Reserve early!)
- Nearby camping at the Bear River Campground, Long Ravine Campground & Orchard Springs Campground – (530) 886-4901
PLEASE RSVP NOW!
ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
and then PLEASE use the “INVITE” button to invite YOUR friends!
Directions to Event!
Map: Click Here
From Sacramento – Go East on Interstate 80 toward Reno Nevada. One hour to the Colfax / Highway 174 exit. Circle back over freeway. Turn right and follow South Auburn into Old Town Colfax, Main St.
From Reno NV – Travel West on Interstate 80 one hour to the Colfax / Highway 174 Exit. Turn right. Follow South Auburn Street to Old Town Colfax
From Grass Valley – Take Hwy 174 from Grass Valley to Colfax. Turn right on North Main St.
Parking – Main Street Colfax will be blocked off for the event. There are several neighborhood streets all around Main Street and within a 5 minute walk to event. Get here early and please do not block driveways. (Violaters will be turned into Burning Man Art Cars!) You can also find paid parking at the Sierra Vista Community Center off of North Main street, one block North from event. If you dont mind a 10 mintute walk, park near the I-80 freeway off-ramp at Sierra Market Shopping Center or McDonalds back parking Lot. Walk east along South Auburn street about 6 blocks to venue. Please dont park at the US Bank parking lot downtown. This area is reserved for handicapped parking.
Volunteer, Sell or host a “Theme Camp” at this event:
We’re still looking for;
- Interactive “Theme Camps” and Fun Free offerings etc….
- Retail Vendors / Food-Gift-Art
- Fire Arts, Fire Spinners and Hoopers (contact: Aleia Van Dyke at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Art Cars and Classic Cars
- Event “staff” Volunteers (contact: email@example.com)
Enquiries email or call: – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Colfax Poppies Project
- The Kiwanis Club of Colfax
- & Future Fire&Steel events!